About Physicians Medical Group
Founded in 1980, Physicians Medical Group of San Jose, Inc. (PMGSJ) is a dedicated group of physicians who formed an Independent Physicians Association (IPA) for the purpose of providing health care to their patients who were enrolled in Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) or Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs).
Physicians Medical Group of San Jose (PMGSJ), a committed group of more than 900 doctors (Primary Care Physicians and Specialists) who have been serving members in Santa Clara County for over thirty-five years. PMGSJ’s motto of “Tradition, Trust, and Patient-Centered” reflects the core principles we operate under.
- Tradition : We operate under a code of traditional ethical values that protect your privacy and your total well-being- our reputation depends on it.
- Trust : We treat you as if you were a member of our family and will work with you to keep you healthy and advocate for you when your health is at risk.
- Patient Centered : We listen to you and the circle of people you entrust with your health matters. Your culture, lifestyle, daily routine, and voice matters to us.
Our experienced and caring doctors will ensure that you get the best care and the personal attention you deserve and they have a proud history of meeting their patient’s medical needs. While we enjoy collaborative relationships with our health plan partners, we remain strongly committed to working directly with you to ensure that you get the health services you need from our doctors and from your health plan.
About Physicians Medical Urgent Care
PMGSJ has added Urgent Care and Walk-In clinics to its host of services which will increase access to care, help to reduce non-life threatening ER visits, and serves local employers for their employment screening and workers compensation needs. In addition to providing same day care for medical conditions that require prompt attention, our urgent care clinic also does immigration, DMV/DOT, and sports physicals, pre-employment screenings, occupational health, drug testing, travel vaccinations, and more.
If you have and HMO, and need non-emergent medical attention, please:
- Call your Primary Care Physician (PCP) for a same day or next day appointment.
- If you cannot reach your doctor or get an urgent appointment, you can call your healthplan’s 24-hour health advice and concern line, if available. Look at your health insurance card for available phone numbers.
- Visit or call our clinic at 1-408-243-6911. Walk-Ins welcome. We are contracted with most HMO’s.